If I may say so, I think this self-challenge was a success. I was diligent for many of the days and on others where it was a push, I managed to get something done. 365 days of showing up and doing something with my hands.
How I Thought It Would Go
- Somewhat dismally. That it would die off within a month of me starting it.
- I may have ended up taking pictures of the sky everyday… though that is not a bad idea….
- I would be able to clear off some of my burgeoning craft supplies.
How It Went
- Seriously better than I expected. I “showed up” everyday keeping myself accountable. When I went on holiday, I tried to keep the momentum going by posting pictures of scenes around the area.
- It started off with some baking, some attempts at calligraphy, and some sketching…
- It evolved into a calligraphy journey and towards the year end I opened up an old set of watercolours and decided to have a go at them again. This year has opened me up to both of those mediums and I am going to pursue them more.
- I did not clear out my craft supply cupboard. In fact I think I added to it! When I had to buy a new table for my room I decided to get a bigger one so that I could lay out the paper more and not be so cramped.
Some of my favourites from the challenge: