I collect fountain pens.
So far, it is a small (and not really impressive) collection as it does require some monetary outlay… So adding to the collection has been fairly slow – generally pens only get added once a year, after much deliberation on what the new pen should be.
Above is the picture of my current collection. The picture is missing a couple of my Sheaffers which were not on hand at that time.
I rotate most of these pens at work as I love writing and taking notes by hand. A brief note on each of the pens above. From the top to the bottom:
1. Silver Grey Lamy Al-Star: This is has a fine nib which I use when I write out my to-do lists.
2. Black Lamy Safari: This has a broad nib which is fairly wet and which I use when I just feel like doodling.
3. Parker 5th : Perhaps technically not a fountain pen but it was made to write like one. I bought this as my colleagues were complaining that I had no pens that they could use!
4. TWBSI Diamond 580: My latest addition. Have filled this with some Noodler’s blue ink and this pen just shines!
5. Lamy 2000: My first piston fill pen. I may need to get the nib fixed on this one though as I dropped it and it has not been quite the same since.
6. Caran d’Ache Ecridor: My first expensive fountain pen purchase. I still remember how thrilled I was when it was in my hand.
7. Caran d’Ache Varius Ivanhoe Black: The pen feels like it has a coat of mail on it. Quite exquisite.
8. Green Lamy Al-Star: This has a 1.1 Italic stub for the days when I feel like something fancy.
I plan to go on collecting fountain pens as I do love the feel of them when they write… I am currently spying something in the Pelikan Souveran range and I just had a look at some Kaweco ones today. Perhaps even a Montblanc would be a nice addition. I spent some time the other day browsing the Omas website but I think those are a bit out of my price range for now… Time to start looking for 2015’s fountain pen! 🙂